If you are sick or start to feel sick, this natural homemade decongestant can be a big help. This decongestant recipe made from spices contains apple cider vinegar infused with effective immunological stimulation, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and decongestant properties.
It will help thin mucus and reduce mucus production and help you feel better faster with all of these natural ingredients, including cayenne, which contains capsaicin and is excellent for nasal congestion, and can be added to any food you would like to add some spice to in order to decongest.
Natural homemade decongestant made from spices
- ½ cup of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of raw bee’s honey
- ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Mix the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and spices in a container
- Add the honey
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a few weeks
To decongest, the dose for adults should be: 1-2 tablespoons a day as needed. Children should take 1 teaspoon or 15 mL once a day if the mixture isn’t too spicy or dissolve it in water before taking. Shake well before use.