Learn how to boost your immune system with garlic infused honey with these 2 recipes which are different but have the same healing power and can be adjusted to your taste and needs so you can take advantage of all of their benefits.
There is a huge variety of ingredients in your kitchen that help to strengthen the immune system. These include honey and garlic, which may seem like a strange combination but can help stimulate your immune system.
Garlic infused honey to boost the immune system
The best way to combine the healing benefits of honey and garlic is to incorporate raw honey in crushed garlic. Crushing the garlic allows its natural enzymes to reach their maximum potency, while soaking the garlic in honey will increase its power to boost the immune system and make its taste more appetizing.
Benefits of raw honey
Pure bee’s honey is full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. It also acts as an antioxidant to combat free radicals. Pure honey contains incredible nutrients in just a single teaspoon. Adding this balances nutrients without affecting blood sugar levels, unlike refined sugars.
Benefits of garlic
Garlic helps the body improve heart function, maintain healthy blood pressure and fight off fungal infections. Most importantly, it helps boost the immune system and prevent colds and the flu.
What makes garlic a healthy and beneficial option is its principal and most potent active compound called allicin. This is also responsible for its strong taste and characteristic aroma.
Boost your immune system with raw garlic infused honey
- 2 cups of pure honey
- 6-8 cloves of minced garlic
- Put the minced garlic in the bottom of a glass or jar, then fill the rest of the container with honey.
- Place the container near a south facing window. During the next month, juice from the garlic will be released into the honey. After this waiting period, it’s ready to use.
Infusion of honey with roasted garlic
This is another alternative to prepare your garlic infused honey, which will offer you the same benefits for stimulating your immune system.
- 8 ounces of pure honey
- 1 ounce of dry white wine
- 5 ounce of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- A few grains of white peppercorns
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Mix the white wine and olive oil.
- Put the garlic on a sheet of parchment paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Pour the olive oil and white wine over the garlic. Then, sprinkle with sea salt and finally add the fresh rosemary.
- Fold the paper to close and put the baking sheet in the oven.
- Roast the garlic for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the garlic cloves are golden brown and the aroma fills the kitchen.
- Remove the garlic and smash with a fork along with the residual olive oil and white wine. Stir the roasted garlic into the honey. Then, add some split white peppercorns.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and seal hermetically. The infused honey will last for at least 2 months.
Now your concoction is ready so you can take advantage of all of its benefits and boost your immune system with garlic infused bee’s honey.