Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease characterized by being an autoimmune, chronic inflammatory condition with symmetrical involvement of multiple joints. However, you can treat this disease with a natural remedy widely used, known as “the garlic cure”.
Before we begin discussing the natural remedy to treat it, we must mention that rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that seriously affects the joints, which swell, causing a lot of pain and stiffness. If one part of the body, such as one knee, has this condition, the other knee will also be greatly affected.
Causes of rheumatoid arthritis
The cause of this disease is unknown, but with RA (rheumatoid arthritis), the immune system begins to damage the joints. It is more common in females than in males, and it usually occurs in older adults, although it can begin at any stage of life and affect anyone, regardless of race, sex or occupation.
It is known that with this type of arthritis, the immune system attacks the tissues of your own body. Some people have a mild or moderate form of the disease. In very serious cases, rheumatoid arthritis can often last for many years and even a lifetime. Some of the factors that can cause this condition are:
- Genes (passed from parents to children).
- Environment. Disorders caused by the environment in which the person lives.
- Hormones. Problems caused by hormonal disorders.
Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
This disease often occurs in more than one joint and can affect any of them. People who suffer from it can often become fatigued and often have very high and constant fevers. It occurs in mild and moderate forms, but even so, the bad flare-ups when symptoms worsen occur often.
It usually begins very slowly and insidiously. It has certain symptoms that cannot be attributed to any particular condition; there are very strong, persistent fevers, and a little bit of weakness or fatigue.
Another of the main symptoms is the involvement of some joints, such as the diarthrodial joint, which initially become inflamed to the point that it is noticeable to the naked eye, and cause serious pain for the individual.
After the initial inflammation, other symptoms appear, such as increased volume and stiffness after nighttime rest, which slowly disappear while performing daily activities, and also muscle weakness and the limitation of mobility compared to before the condition.
As the disease progresses, other symptoms such as hard lumps, known as rheumatoid nodules, can be seen in areas where the skin rubs, such as the elbows, the backs of the fingers and also the feet; in other circumstances, they can be located inside the body.
Garlic cure for rheumatoid arthritis
Garlic can help treat rheumatoid arthritis because it contains anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant properties. This is a natural treatment whose healing properties can help those suffering from this disease to lead a normal life without the need for medication.
The 3 properties of garlic mentioned above are usually very beneficial for the body. As you can see, the anti-inflammatory property of garlic helps to soothe joint inflammation caused by RA. Analgesics will help reduce pain effectively, and antioxidants will strengthen the immune system.
These are 3 options to prepare a garlic cure, depending on the taste of the person; the results are similar with any of them.
- Crush two raw garlic cloves and put them in a blender. Add a peeled lemon, and lastly, a teaspoon of honey for flavor. After mixing well, you can drink it any time of the day.
- Grind two cloves of garlic and mix with two tablespoons of honey, add water to taste, mix, and then drink.
- It can be used topically directly on painful joints, by rubbing peeled garlic on them. It has been shown that this helps reduce pain and inflammation, but you have to be especially careful, since garlic can burn the skin if left in contact with it for a long time.
Use it in your food
In addition to these preparations, there are several ways to use garlic to cure arthritis. One of many ways, is that you can use it raw in the form of a salad. Very important! It has to be raw so that when you ingest it, you can absorb all its healing properties. You can do this by adding tomato, lettuce, broccoli and garlic.
Another way to use garlic for rheumatoid arthritis is the following: Prepare a juice with 2 lemons, and have 2 cloves of garlic on hand. After you have gotten all the juice out, peel the garlic cloves and blend them. Finally, add the lemon juice and take that mixture every morning, on an empty stomach.
How does lemon help? Well, lemon helps to add more antioxidant properties to the mixture, and it is also scientifically proven that vitamin C helps maintain collagen in bones and cartilage.
Basically, if you consume raw garlic, it will bring you all its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, two traits that will be a blessing for your joints.
Other natural solutions for RA
In addition to garlic, there are other natural remedies that will help relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and that you can make yourself at home, without needing to go out and look for them, because they are things that most people have at home. Some of the options are:
- Green tea: Green tea is one of the most beneficial drinks for human beings. One its many properties is its antioxidants, good for losing weight and, of course, for arthritis.
- Cherries and apple cider vinegar: No doubt about it, the different antioxidants found in cherries and vinegar help to combat arthritis wonderfully. Also, this mixture has great anti-inflammatory properties. To prepare it, simply use 3 ingredients: 3 cups water, 1 glass of freshly made cherry juice or smoothie, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. You can drink this preparation several times during the day, but for best results, take it at breakfast to relieve joint inflammation and ease stiffness.
- Ginger and turmeric: Both plants are very famous in the field of medicine because they are both medicinal plants used in Eastern medicine. Both have incredible anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Imagine them together!
So, you can see how beneficial it is to use the garlic cure to treat rheumatoid arthritis, which despite having no cure, can be managed for a worry-free life thanks to this natural medicine. And besides garlic, there are great variety of natural remedies that contain curative properties that will be of magnificent benefit to you. Do not lose hope!
Don’t hesitate to try one of these natural treatments that we have given you, and remember that success is found in consistency.