An elaborate investigation made by the University of Loughborough states that athletes that consume complex carbohydrates (such as oat fiber ) during breakfast and lunch, burn more fat during the day compared to those that consumed simple carbohydrates. This confirms that oatmeal aids in weight loss in a more natural and faster way.
Oatmeal Drinks and Weight Loss
According to studies performed by the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), among the main causes of death in the country is heart disease. This can be prevented by consuming foods such as oatmeal which is helpful in weight loss.
An oatmeal drink is a simple way to improve your life style. In the research performed by the UNAM , it was discovered that 60 grams of oatmeal daily can control cholesterol and triglycerides levels , essential for preventing high cholesterol, which is related to many heart diseases.
Benefits of Oatmeal Drinks
- Oatmeal contains beta-glucans, soluble fiber and polyphenols also known as avenantramides, which are antioxidants.
- Stabilizes sugar levels in the blood. Oatmeal keeps you full during a longer period of time without increasing sugar levels.
- When you consume oatmeal, you feel full and it controls your appetite, which reduces the consumption of foods that might affect your diet.
- It helps you empty your bowels regularly. The high fiber content helps avoid constipation.
- Improves athletic performance. Changes the metabolism and increases performance, if you drink oatmeal approximately an hour before you exercise.
How to prepare an Oatmeal Drink
- 1 Cup organic whole Oats Gluten free if possible
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-8 cups of filtered water
- 1 cinnamon stick or a tsp of ground cinnamon
- Enough powdered Stevia (not the white kind) or pure honey to your liking
Soak the oatmeal for at least 7 hours
Strain the oats and rinse with filtered water to eliminate the anti-nutrient s and enzyme inhibitors that are released during the soaking process.
Once it is clean and rinsed, blend with the Stevia (or honey) cinnamon, vanilla and water. Blend throughly. Pour in a pitcher and serve with plenty of ice
Drinking Oatmeal in the morning
This drink is not taken on an empty stomach. It is not recommended because of the high fiber content, it is better to prepare the stomach before drinking it in the morning with a vegetable juice, for example. A healthy morning diet before drinking the Oatmeal Drink is recommended, that will prepare you for the very digestible fiber
When to consume the Oatmeal Drink
- In the morning during with a light breakfast or after a vegetable juice.
- Between meals
- It can be used as a substitute for dairy milk, in your cereal, with fruits, etc.
- Drink a glass everyday; or one to two glasses four times a week.