A green smoothie is a mixture of fresh fruits and vegetables, blended together for a nutritious breakfast, lunch or snack.
They are wonderful and useful for weight loss, colon health and as an easy way to consume more minerals and fresh foods in your diet. Even so, an added benefit is that they are known to reverse gray hair, naturally.
The green smoothie, as it is universally known today, was actually “invented” in the 1970s by Ann Wigmore, who wrote many books about health and natural cures, including the Hippocrates Diet. She called the green smoothie her “energy soup”.
Can a green smoothie reverse gray hair?
Wigmore started drinking green smoothies, in addition to a drink called “Rejuvelac” (probiotic drink with wheat germ) when she was 50 years old, and had lots of gray hairs. Soon, her hair started to return to its natural brown color.
When she was 80 years old, her students cut a lock of her hair and sent it to a lab for analysis to prove that it wasn’t dyed.
Wigmore said that gray hair, aside from genetic factors, can also be related to deficiencies in minerals such as copper, silicon and sulfur, and when the body is able to increase its mineral reserves, the color can return to its natural state. It can also be related to vitamin B deficiency and a lack of essential fatty acids.
So, green smoothes might have more benefits than we even realize.
Do you have gray hair and would like to slow their progression and regain your natural color? Maybe you should experiment with green juices and see if your problem is a mineral or nutrient deficiency, the experiment will give your body nothing but good health and wellbeing, given that these juices are loaded with large quantities of vitamins and nutrients that don’t just benefit one part of our body, but all tissues and cells.
These are some general tips for making your own green smoothies:
- Mix 60% fruit and 40% vegetables in a blender
- Keep in mind that peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes are fruits
- You can start to mix more fruits and vegetables when you are comfortable with their flavor combinations
- Add water and/or fruits with high water content first
- Then add greens and mix again
- Adding powders such as protein, spirulina, probiotics, etc. as supplements enhances the smoothie
- Mix different fruits and vegetables each day
- Try different combinations and find the ones that taste best to you
Find more information here: 10 useful tips for making a perfect healthy green smoothie
Are you ready to try a green smoothie full of vitamins and minerals? Here is a recipe to get started:
- 2 heads of bok choy/Chinese cabbage
- 1 handful of arugula
- 2 oranges
- 1 tangerine
- A little bit of grated fresh garlic (around a quarter of an inch)
- ½ tsp. green algae powder
- ½ tsp. chlorella powder
- 1 capsule of probiotic powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup of water
Find more smoothie recipes here: 10 medicinal green juices that will change your health and your life
- Carefully wash all vegetables and peel the oranges and tangerine.
- In a blender, add the water, fruits, powders and fresh ginger and mix until smooth.
- Add the green vegetables and mix again.
- Lastly, open the probiotic capsule and add the powder to the smoothie, mix one last time until smooth.
- Consume immediately.